Follow this link to fill out the online membership application. Payment is due at the time of submission and can be submitted by VISA, Discover, MasterCard or American Express online. If you prefer to pay by check, print out the form and mail it to SER, PO Box 990, Clearfield, Utah 84089.
SER membership benefits include:
- Access to SERlibrary including: SERcollaborations, SERdigital, SERexperts, SERjournal, SERmeetings, SERplaylists, SERpodcasts and SERtalks archives.
- Reduced rates to the Annual Meeting
- Access to the Mid Year Meeting
- Eligible to receive SERawards and Travel Scholarships
- Eligible to participate in the SERmentoring Program
- Reduced or free registration fee to SERtalks
- Access to SER Job Board
- Subscription to the American Journal of Epidemiology and Epidemiologic Reviews
- Page charge rate for the Journals that is 10% lower than the standard rate for non-members
- Color charge rate for the Journals that is 20% lower than the standard rate for non-members
- Open access charge rate for the Journals that is 20% lower than the standard rate for non-members
- 25% discount on purchases of Oxford University Publisher’s books
In order to manage subscriptions to the American Journal of Epidemiology and manage the business of SER, it was determined that membership renewal on a calendar year basis, with a set renewal period, would be the most beneficial to the Society and its membership.
Individuals are eligible until the membership year following the completion of a terminal degree (eg. Masters, Doctorate) or Post Doctoral training.
Eligibility includes any individual who is within three years of their last enrollment in a formal training program. This includes Master Level Professionals.
SER offers an emeritus rate to longstanding SER members who are retired.
Individuals must renew each year. SER does not at this time have a multi-year renewal option. The renewal period begins at the end of October each year for the following year. Memberships submitted after December 15 will still receive a full year membership and will be sent back issues of any journals missed from January onward.
SER has a committee dedicated to graduate (Master or PhD) students and post-docs. The SPC is focused on facilitating educational experiences and professional development. SPC events include networking with the experts and connecting with peers.
Master Level Professionals
Individuals continuing as a Master Level Professional are eligible or the Early Career and Regular rates for SER membership. SER events are catered to individuals of all career types.
You can access the AJE through the member homepage section of the website. Ensure you are logged in. The member homepage can be accessed here.
Abstract Submission Policy
Abstracts derived from papers already published, either in print or in an online format, are not eligible for consideration to present at SER. Papers accepted but not yet published may be submitted, but in the event that the paper is published in advance of the SER meeting, the abstract will be withdrawn from presentation.
Yes! Visit the job board by clicking here. Job postings may be viewed by current members of SER only. Anyone can post a job, free of charge.